Thursday, July 31, 2008

Book Signing

I will be appearing at Barnes and Noble, Medford, Oregon on August 16th from 1:00 to 3:00pm to sign my non-fiction book In the Shadow of the Mosque.

Nothing prepared me, a middle-aged American housewife, for life or for my culturally shocking, mind-broadening experiences in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

I lived in a walled United Nations compound at the north end of the port city of Jeddah, with about forty other families from all corners of the world. We were truly an international community, but from the daily prayer calls which regulated our lives, to the stern admonishment from the Committee for the Promulgation of Virtue and the Elimination of Vice, we all, Muslim and non-Muslim alike, lived In the Shadow of the Mosque.

If you're anywhere in the vicinity of Medford, Oregon, on August 16th, please stop by.

Jura MacLean Sherwood

No comments: