Saturday, November 1, 2008

SARAH HARRISON STARTING AN ABUSE SUPPORT GROUP

Author Sarah Harrison, who wrote, "You Love Your Daddy, Don't You?" based on her own horrific experience with sexual abuse by her father, is starting a support group to help other victims of incest and molestation. In her own words:

I am writing this letter to announce a new support group that is forming to offer support and counseling to parents and children who are victims of incest and molestation. The purpose of this new group is to help these victims to begin their healing process. I, myself, have been a victim since the age of four. I am now sixty-five years of age and an incest survivor/recoverer.

My story began many years ago as my ‘daddy’s special girl’. I used to sit on his lap and exchange coins for a dollar bill. This is when the incest started for me. I even wrote my experiences in my book called You Love Your Daddy, Don’t You? This true story is told through the horrific memories about my sexual abuse. It reveals a child's determination to survive despite profound emotional, physical, and sexual abuse. This was compounded by constant neglect from both parents.

In order to see how my counseling has helped others, please go to www.allexperts.com and read a few of the questions and answers I have provided to other incest and molestation victims across the world. For example one response from a victim was, “It is with tears in my eyes that I am writing this....nobody has ever used such tender words, no therapist, no mother, nobody....I thank you from the bottom of my heart.” Another example from an incest victim was, “Thanks for your answer! It really did help me to tell someone, since I've never been able to tell anyone before about what happened. It felt good to have someone tell me that I shouldn't be beating myself up, and I'm trying to start the process of really forgiving myself and moving on with my life.”

You may also go to www.incestvictim.com to read more about me and my journey through recovery plus other comments to my book.

If you are a victim of incest, fighting to forgive yourself and cope in life, please contact me at (803) 548-0490 or email at snharr43@yahoo.com. I want to start a support group in our area to help with questions you have about your issues. We can meet in Indian Land, Fort Mill, Lancaster, or any one of the three depending on where ever the interest is most prominent.


Thank you,
Ms. Sarah Harrison
(803) 548-0490

No comments: